18th August 2016
With just under a month to go the Young Lions Management can now confirm the 16 riders who will be competing for the 2016 British Under 19 Final being held at Birmingham on Wednesday 14th September and being kindly sponsored by BRC Industrial Roofing.
Three riders who are bound to get big support from the home Birmingham fans will be Jack Parkinson Blackburn, Jack Smith and all being well he has recovered from his hand injury which has currently side lined him Birmingham number one Zach Wajtknecht.
British Youth boss Neil Vatcher said, “I have kept in contact with Zach in recent weeks, and I know he is desperate to compete in this British Final and is hoping to be back in time for this prestige event.
Cradley Max Clegg who finished runner up in 2105, will be hoping to go one place better in this years event as this is his last go at this Under 19 title.
Along with Clegg, three other riders who had Perry Barr as their home track in 2015, Ellis Perks, Nathan Greaves and Luke Harris will be hoping to put their Perry Barr track experience to their advantage on the 14th of next month.
Young Lions are looking for any potential sponsors who would like to supply each of the 16 competitors a tyre for this event and the Young Lions management can contacted by email at email@example.com”
The full line up in alphabetical order will be –
1) Josh Bailey – Scunthorpe and Kings Lynn Young Stars
2) Dan Bewley – Edinburgh and Belle Vue Colts
3) Alfie Bowtell – Mildenhall
4) Max Clegg – Wolverhampton, Edinburgh and Cradley
5) Kelsey Dugard – Isle of Wight
6) Nathan Greaves – Sheffield and Kings Lynn Young Stars
7) Jamie Halder – Coventry Storm
8) Luke Harris – Eastbourne
9) Ryan Kinsley – Kings Lynn Young Stars
10) Jack Parkinson Blackburn – Birmingham
11) Ellis Perks – Plymouth and Eastbourne
12) Luke Ruddick – Mildenhall
13) James Shanes – Kent
14) Jack Smith – Birmingham
15) Jack Thomas – Kent
16) Zach Wajtknecht – Birmingham
Cradley’s Ben Basford will be the first stand bye reserve if Wajtknecht or any other rider becomes unavailable.